Thursday, May 21, 2009

it´s getting hottt--a!


hey all! wait wait... let´s try that again...

HOLA! (yeah our spanish is legit!)

So yesterday was amazing. We went to an indigenous tribe, Parara Peru, it was something we have never experienced. We nailed the goal up to a tree and got as many of the kids and adults involved as we could. We played on a dirt court and with only one goal we made it work. We got involved with the kids and they enjoyed the different drills. We got to see the women and men dance and Ashley even got up and danced with them!! It was fun!! What we have done so far is great and we can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for us in the days to come.

Being here has changed my outlook on life. I never thought I could touch a child's heart like I have done here. My eyes have been open to so many things and I thank God for this opportunity. He has allowed me to use my gifts and talents in a way that I enjoy by playing basketball and also interacting with the kids. Also being at Crossfire on Wednesday night, which is a worship service for the students, was amazing!! I have never worshiped like what we did. The feeling of having all the students around and opening their hearts up was amazing and it allowed me to feel more open with the Lord. The bible studies we good being able to interact with just a few students and discussing our topic for the night which was are you being pretenders or are you contenders. It was a great topic and discussion group. This has absolutely been an amazing experience and I am so grateful for this trip and the people who are here with me. This team is amazing and we have become so close and can connect on many levels.

Love, G


No comments:

Post a Comment